Friday, August 19, 2011

HEALTH UPDATE: Thursday, AUGUST 18, 2011

I have been sitting around since my first chemo treatment a few weeks ago waiting to get sick or lose my hair.  Granted, I will admit that I did have a few rough days at first but, other than that nothing much except a few aches and pains in places that I forgot that I had most days.  Those few days that I had that were rough; I call my "chemo reality check".  It finally sunk in that I am getting chemotherapy for cancer.   I can live with those little aches and pains on most days, and it would be stupid to think that there will be no more rough days for me before this is all over.  Yes, I was feeling sorry for myself... am I allowed?  Yes, I am. 
Then, I realized that sitting around and waiting for something that may not happen is the worst thing that I could possibly do Realistically, I realize that it probably will happen sooner if not later, but I have always been an optimistic pessimist (or a pessimistic optimist) and that will not change any time soon.  So, after I mentally kicked myself hard in the behind, I decided until that happens, I am going to do whatever I can and wherever I want to do it. Therefore, I have been keeping busy, going shopping, working on computer, doing homework, visiting friends and family and even doing some changing around of things in my apartment. 
I do more reading than I did before and I sit on the front porch a great deal these days, which both my two cats and I enjoy immensely.  Therefore, I am enjoying the time off!  Those chemo soldiers will not get me down, well not for good anyway, maybe a day or two but that is it.  I am strong willed and minded (I do not have this red hair for nothing), and if I need reminding of any this, my family and friends are there to do it for me.  Hey, thanks for that part, I love and appreciate you all.
Remember to live, do not simply exist!
Learn something new each day!
Listen, especially to the silent things people do not or cannot say!
Love for all it is worth!
Moreover, laugh until you cry!

Always, Connie


No comments:

Post a Comment