Friday, August 26, 2011

Health Update: Friday, August 26, 2011

(1) My head is whiter than my butt is – I know that may be TMI, 
(2) I never realized that my head would get so cold without hair,
(3) Now, I must worry about sun burning my bare head along with the rest of my body, and
(4) Think of all the shampoos and conditioners that I won't need for a while, and no down time to do my hair when I leave to go somewhere -- I have hats and a wig now!
(5) I do not see the baldness, unless I look in the mirror, so the cute hats, etc. will help a great deal in seeing me as others do (so they have been telling me), beautiful, sexy and strong. 
 
  
Academically speaking, I am taking some time off school, just to see how the next few weeks will go and give myself time to recover and just be myself dealing with cancer and chemotherapy.  I love all the people who are on my side, sending me good thoughts along with their love; please -- do not stop!  It helps and I do need it, even though I am a confident bald woman now.  Think of me often and send me your prayers, best wishes and love!  

Remember to live, do not simply exist!
Learn something new each day!
Listen, especially to the silent things people do not or cannot say!
Laugh until you cry, and most of all,
Love for all it is worth!
CONNIE*

No comments:

Post a Comment