Sunday, September 25, 2011

Health Update: September 24, 2011-- Saturday


Well, this week I had my third chemo treatment.  I admit to feeling a bit more than a little “icky” and such yesterday and today.  It is usual though, along with the hot flashes from the steroids and the woman thing making me feel like the ‘wicked’ witch melted into a puddle at the end of the movie, “The Wizard of Oz." For the most part, I am doing fine.  I am hanging in there and keeping my sense of humor.  I am reminding myself that I am halfway there already, just three more treatments to go!
 
For instance, a few other things that I have realized about being bald with no hair due to chemo:    
(1) No hair anywhere, so NO need to shave, although the hair on my head is looking a bit like a porcupine now—guess, I do need a shave,  
(2) Smooth skin, again NO hair,
(3) Did I mention no need to shave anything, (Ah, I am beginning to see a pattern here, aren’t you?). 
(4) Then, there is the constant ringing in my ears, another effect of the chemo I am told.  Although, I have had that for quite some time, I wonder what that means! 
(5) I am cold; I am hot!  I am chilled; I am sweaty!  I am lightheaded; I am not! I am tired and exhausted; I am energized like the bunny!  Talk about not being able to make up my mind – and I say -- welcome to my world!
 
No, I am not complaining, just being truthful and I hope a bit funny too. I am also bordering on the TMI (too much information) area of my life, but that happens when you are alone a lot and dealing with certain things in life.   Furthermore, anyone who truly knows me already knows that I am the type of person that shares a great deal of her life with those around her, even the private things! 
    
Funny stuff aside, I am doing all right, and I am so very glad to say that I am half-way done with chemo.  I hope the last three treatments go as well as the first three have done so far!  In that case, I will have it made as they say.  I can then, start learning to live ‘after’ chemo, growing my hair back (maybe I will be a blonde-haired woman with straight hair this time or a curly-topped redhead again), and going back to work at the place everyone loves!  In addition, I will be getting on with life ONCE AGAIN as a cancer survivor. I will always be a survivor. I am just getting better at it each day!
  
Remember to live, do not simply exist!
Learn something new each day!
Listen, especially to the silent things people do not or cannot say!
Laugh until you cry, and most of all,
Love for all -- it is worth!

CONNIE*

No comments:

Post a Comment